Load all the content onto your ipod!
1. I'll ______________ their cat while they are away on vacation.
A) be looking into B) be looking at C) be looking after D) be looking over
2. By the time she arrives, we ________________ our homework.
A) finish B) will have finished C) will finish D) were finished
3. If she ___________ about his financial situation, she would have helped him out.
A) know B) had been knowing C) had known D) have known
4. She _________________ lunch by the time we arrived.
A) had finished B) finished C) have finished D) finishing
5. The sun ______ at 7:30 last night.
A) sat B) setted C) set D) was setting
6. When I stopped __________ to Cathy, she was picking some roses in her garden.
A) speaking B) speak C) to stop D) spoke
7. Despite ______________ hard, he failed the exam.
A) he studied B) he has studied C) studying D) study
8. That room _______________ for a meeting today.
A) is used B) is being used C) used D) is using
9. We ____________ baseball every day when we were young.
A) use to play B) would play C) were playing D) were used to play
10. I __________ realize you'd be coming.
A) didn't B) have C) were D) could
11. Unfortunately, Chris has _______ friends in Milwaukee.
A) a few B) few C) some D) many
12. ___________ the last market session, the Nasdaq dropped 42 points.
A) While B) While having C) During D) Throughout
13. He made his children ______ their homework every afternoon.
A) do B) to do C) studied D) to study
14. The test was ____ difficult she had problems finishing it on time.
15. I really didn't want to come last night. _______.
A) So do I B) Neither do I C) Neither I did D) Neither did I
16. I think Tokyo is ____ exciting ____ New York.
A) more ... than B) so ... than C) as ... than D) so ... as
17. Did you remember __________ the door?
A) lock B) to lock C) locking D) having locked
18. That is the man __________ wife founded DD Cookies.
A) who B) that C) which D) whose
19. I could hardly ________ the ship in the distance.
A) look out B) make out C) make up D) see out
20. Look at those dark clouds! It ___________!
A) 's going to rain B) 's rain C) 's raining D) 's rained